National      

Benapole on alert to bar suspended SI Akbar from fleeing

16 Oct 2020 14:39, Somoy English Desk
Benapole on alert to bar suspended SI Akbar from fleeing
Benapole on alert to bar suspended SI Akbar from fleeing

As the Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) has alerted all airports and land ports so that suspended sub-inspector Akbar Hossain Bhuiyan, accused of torturing a young man to death in Sylhet, cannot flee the country, surveillance has been increased at Benapole immigration as well as border to prevent him from leaving the country.

Officer-in-charge of Benapole Immigration Police Ahsan Habib said they received a message barring Akbar from leaving the country. “All have been asked to remain alert so that he can’t flee to India using any trick.”

Company Commander of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) Benapole company Subedar Mizanur Rahman said they remained alert to prevent all kinds of intrusion.
They increased the surveillance after getting the message of Akbar, he said.

Earlier on Thursday, PBI chief Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Banaj Kumar Majumder said they wrote the immigration police to take steps so that Akbar cannot leave the country.

The PBI has been looking for the suspended police officer, who went into hiding, in connection with the death of Raihan Ahmed who was reportedly tortured to death in Bandarbazar Police Outpost in Sylhet on October 11.

Meanwhile, Raihan died after being hit by blunt weapons, according to the first autopsy report.

The report of the postmortem carried out at Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital (SOMCH) was handed over to the PBI, the investigation agency of the incident, on Thursday.

According to the report, Raihan died after being hit by blunt weapons.

Assistant Professor Dr Shamsul Islam of SOMCH Forensic department said there were marks of blunt weapons all over the body. Besides, two nails were uprooted.

Meanwhile, the second autopsy of Raihan was done at the DOMCH on Thursday following a court order.

The body was exhumed in the morning at the presence of district administration executive magistrates Sajib Ahmed and Mejbah Uddin.

Besides, Sylhet Metropolitan Police Commissioner Golam Kibria visited the victim’s house on Thursday and assured the family of taking action against those responsible for the incident. 

Four policemen, including in-charge of the outpost sub-inspector Akbar Hossain Bhuiyan, were suspended and three others withdrawn over the incident.

Share:      

All News of National

View more

Popular News

Watch Live TV

Somoy TV Live SOMOY YOUTUBE SOMOY YOUTUBE
DOWNLOAD MOBILE APP