National      

Couple, two sons die in fire from snapped electric wires

23 Jan 2021 10:49, Somoy English Desk
Couple, two sons die in fire from snapped electric wires
Couple, two sons die in fire from snapped electric wires

A couple and their two sons were killed as their house caught fire after snapped electric wires fell on it in Rupganj upazila of Narayanganj district on Friday night.

The deceased were identified as Masum, 40, his wife Sima, 32, and their sons Russell, 17, and Rahmatullah, 10.

Deputy Director of Narayanganj Fire Service Abdullah Al Arefin said the fire erupted at the house at Kumartek of Purbachal Sector-11 under Rupganj union around 9:20pm.

On information, three units of firefighters rushed in and doused the fire, he said, adding that the four family members were burned to death on the spot.

Upazila Nirbahi Officer of Rupganj Shah Nusrat Jahan said a high-tension wire of Dhaka Electric Supply Company Ltd snapped and fell on Palli Bidyut lines.

Later, all the wires fell on Masum’s house and it went up in flames, he said.

The UNO said they were investigating the fire incident.
Aa

Share:      

All News of National

View more

Popular News

Watch Live TV

Somoy TV Live SOMOY YOUTUBE SOMOY YOUTUBE
DOWNLOAD MOBILE APP