National      

312 China-returnees set to go home Saturday

14 Feb 2020 14:12, Somoy English Desk
312 China-returnees set to go home Saturday
312 China-returnees set to go home Saturday

The 312 Bangladeshi nationals who were brought back from China’s Wuhan, the epicentre of coronavirus outbreak, are set to return home after a 14-day of quarantine on Saturday.

“They all are fine… we’ll release them after all kinds of tests on February 15,” Health Minister Zahid Maleque said on Thursday.

The Bangladeshi nationals arrived at Shahjalal Airport on February 1 and were kept in quarantine at Ashkona Hajj camp for observation since then.

Mentioning that confusions are being spread over coronavirus at different places of the country, the minister said misinformation should not be spread in this regard before confirmation by medical tests.

China on Friday reported another sharp rise in the number of people infected with a new virus, as the death toll neared 1,400.

The National Health Commission said 121 more people had died and there were 5,090 new confirmed cases.

The number of reported cases has been rising more quickly after the hardest-hit province changed its method of counting them Thursday. There are now 63,851 confirmed cases in mainland China, of which 1,380 have died.

Share:      

All News of National

View more

Popular News

Watch Live TV

Somoy TV Live SOMOY YOUTUBE SOMOY YOUTUBE
DOWNLOAD MOBILE APP